11.05.2008

Day 6 - Deep calls unto deep

Another diving day, which means another O-dark-30 wake up so this blog is going to be shorter. Great dives today, starting at Harbor Ledges where we were greeted by white mouth moray eel on our descent. Our Divemaster today was Cole who originally hails from Michigan. Gee, I wonder why anyone would want to move away from snowy, cold Michigan to Kauai. I'll have to ponder that one awhile. One of the major highlights of the dive was seeing an octopus. Cole, coaxed him out of his hiding spot just long enough to get a good look at him. In the weird light of being at depth, he looked deep purple, but that means he could be bright red, for all I know. I tried to take his picture, but don't know if it turned out.

Yes, we rented a camera, and yes we took several pictures...but I can't post them yet because the dive shop computer's CD burner is broken, so they couldn't transfer the images from the card to a CD for us. I am thinking about taking our laptop in tomorrow to hook it up directly to the camera, if they'll let me. They did try burning a CD, but the disc is blank.

The second dive took place at Tortugas and it was even more thrilling than the others. Several sea turtles were resting there or swimming around. One swam within arm's length from Dianna, another swam directly under the legs of another diver (Tim, from CA). Very cool stuff indeed. Hoping some of those images turned out!

After diving, and still very sore from yesterday's surfing adventure, we decided to make like beached monk seals on Poipu Beach for the afternoon after grabbing lunch in Old Koloa Town. That was so restful and peaceful. Nothing else scheduled and when we left it was only because we were hungry enough to call it a day and head back to the condo for a shower and dinner. Dianna is falling asleep on the couch as I write this and I think I'm not far behind her...Aloha for now!

Mahalo (thank you) for reading my posts!

No comments: