11.14.2008

Day 14 - Homeward Bound

Di and I now know for sure why late flights are called "red-eyes". We left Kauai on schedule last night at 11:33 PM and are now waiting for our connecting flight to Pasco. I don't like to use this space for negative stuff, but I have to say that Alaska Air's coach class seats are the most uncomfortable airline seats I've ever experienced. They must have been designed by an evil conspirator with the practictioners of Chiropractic. Ugh! Five hours of total discomfort.

Okay, enough negative stuff. Our vacation time in beautiful Kauai is over and we both feel rested and recharged for the new challenges ahead of us as we seek to fulfill the purposes for which we were created. I, for one, am content to let God lead me where ever He chooses. I am ready for a new chapter of life in my fifth decade

Thank you for dropping by to check on our vacation activities. Even greater thanks to those who took time to write a comment. It definitely encouraged me to know you were checking in.

See you soon (most of you, anyway).

Aloha!

3 comments:

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Sounds like it was the vacation of a lifetime (even with those seats) I'm delighted that you had such a great time. I love and miss you guys!

Z

Jen(n) said...

I enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the pictures!!! It was like a little mini vacation for me to see the beautiful scenery!!!! ... I know how pathetic :0) I hope things are going well for you all. Much love.

Strider said...

Gee...it just sucks that you had a tough flight on the way back from Hawaii!!!!! We welcome you back to the ice, snow, and single digit temps. I stopped in at Nadine's site and saw your comment so I thought I'd drop by. Have a great weekend. If you just had more faith....you could have written first class!!!! Oh ya, I"m on a roll......blessings my friend.