11.24.2007

What if?

I often find myself asking that question about the stuff of life. What if I had been tall - would I have pursued athletics more aggressively? What if I'd taken that turn instead of that turn? Would I have gotten into a wreck? What if I told that person how badly that negative comment really hurt me? Would they be sorry or just say they were sorry?

What if the church could learn to love and appreciate one another's differences instead of obsessing on how to phrase our argument to win the others to our way of thinking? What if the church gave each different movement, denomination, or body the freedom to express their love for Christ in the way that stirred their hearts and be excited for one another's uniqueness?

What if all the world needed really is just love, sweet love? Can we do that church? Can we just allow ourselves to give love, sweet love to a hurting world? What if we could relate to people without judgment, criticism or instruction on the right way to look, feel and move...and just love them with God's sweet love.

And what if, just think about this...what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about? :)

6 comments:

a woman who is said...

LOL!!!!!!!
I know this is serious, but you have a great way of putting things, with a great sense of humor. That is your unique Master created contribution to the body. You are appreciated friend.

Act 17:28 For in Him we live and move and have our being...

Jen(n) said...

The hokey pokey - you're so funny.

i like it... God is simple... God is love.

You're the best!

Nadine said...

I loved this - hokey pokey - too funny. Really I'll have to give you an AMEN to this.

Shadraq said...

Yes.

I'm down with the love angle

Jen(n) said...

You know your wife is like a blogging machine lately! But where for are thou Don?
Like I should talk!

Unknown said...

I know... and I think you're absolutely right. I mean, the hokey pokey is DEFINITELY what it's all about. Follow my logic here - the hokey pokey is all about symmetry, right? First the left side, then the right side... Balance. Balance is good.

;)