7.23.2007

Dyeing to Self

I waited a while to post this because I didn't want to ruin the fun...for me, that is, of seeing my friends faces when they saw new 'do for the first time. I am so glad I waited. What a hoot!

For those of you who actually read my little corner of the web, thank you. Your reactions have absolutely made the change so worth it! If I'd have known the reaction would be so widespread and vigorous, I think I may have done it years ago.

The reactions do bring me to an unmistakable conclusion. Shaking things up once in a while helps keep life very interesting and fun. After all, hair color, unlike a tattoo, is not permanent. It is merely short-term thing that can be quite easily fixed if it's bad. The reactions have ranged from quiet smiles, rolling eyes and shaking heads (older folks I work with) to very encouraging words like 'Dude, I like it!' (from my younger friends) and everything in between. You'd think I'd changed my face. Many people I know well hardly recognize me at first. All in all, I am having a blast.

Kudos to Melissa from Reflections Salon for having the creative vision to see the 'new me' and bringing it into being. Who knows what's next - maybe a 'flame job' to complete the makeover? "Only my hairdresser knows for sure."

8 comments:

OrangRecneps said...

Dude -- You just need to buy the Bike and get it over with. Then all the craziness can stop!

Emancipation of the Freed said...

I love your willingness to explore outside the box, you rock!

Z

Nadine said...

I love you man.

Anonymous said...

I wondered who was sitting by Diana at church, at first. You make change look like fun. Its encouraging. The last time my hair was very different was when I was 6 and my mom made me cut it.

Jen(n) said...

you're crazy... and it's a great thing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I was thinking, "Whose the new guy?" Looks great though... once again, it was awesome being on a table with you at the races, be blessed!

Tiffany said...

I love the hair Don!
Have a great time at burning man, I'll be praying for ya'll.

a woman who is said...

Go for the flame job, I double dare you. It is the right time...Burning Man..I'm just saying :)