11.02.2006

Birthdays

What is it about birthdays that make us take stock of our lives. Birthdays and the beginning of a new year has this effect on me every year. I have to tell you that I feel like the most blessed man on God's green earth as I look at turning another year older tomorrow, the 3rd. I have a great life. I am married to the best woman you could hope for. She's kind, loving, smart, just a little mischievous, and beautiful. I have a job that provides well for us and I like the work. I have a safe, warm house, a fun car to drive, and, well...you get the picture.

I just thank God for it all, because it hasn't all been roses, this life. Nope. And, truthfully, it's not all roses now, but with God's help I am learning more every day about seeing His hand at work and taking joy in everything. I am learning the truth of James admonition to "count it all joy, my brothers, when you suffer trials." Getting older and the bones ache a little more, it takes longer to recover from vigorous activity, but you know. I wouldn't anybody anything.

God is so good. And, by the way...I'm turning 48. Yeah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Donnnnnnnnnn. Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great day today. You don't look a day over 39. :)
Love ya,
Nadine

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

I hope you had an awesome day. Thanks for being born, you've been a blessing to my life!

I love you man...
Tom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday "Old Man" :)

You certainly am another old(er) man who is showing me that old age is all in the mind. Also, you're one-year closer to getting rid of this earthly body and getting into one with knees that won't creak.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday, 48 is an awesome age!
Julie G