10.05.2006

My Little Window to the World


Those of you who know me well, know that I am an unabashed fan of Macintosh computers and, most things Apple produces, truth be told. I often wonder about this strange turn of events because for years I was an Apple-basher. I would often remark to Mac users, "Get a real computer, will ya!" And now, here I am getting those same snide remarks from my Windows-toting friends. Hmm..

So why did this happen? It really boils down to this, I think. I worked a few years on a PC support Help Desk, answering phones, going out to do hands-on field work to solve software issues and the like. During that period I started "playing" with a Mac. Just to learn something new. No harm in that, right? Boy. I had no idea what trouble I was getting myself into.

I found out what long-time Mac users have always known. For the most part, Macs just work. There is very little you need to do to keep a Mac running in tip-top shape. It's nothing like owning a PC. It's...almost effortless. Now, don't get me wrong. Macs have stuff that goes wrong too, just any man-made machine. They aren't perfect, but they are by far the best marriage of computer hardware and software I have ever had the pleasure of using.

I am writing this on our only home computer, a PowerBook G4. That's a laptop for you PC fanboys. A laptop with a gorgeous 17" widescreen. Sweet. Very much like the one in the picture, except that the picture is a 17" MacBook Pro. One of the new Intel-based Macs.

If you like the "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" ads the whole collection is found on the link provided above. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nadine said...

You know what I always say about ex smokers they are worst than anyone who has never smoked before because the smell makes them nuts. Food for thought my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud...

Have you seen the latest "Get a Mac" ads?

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

They crack me up, especially "Counselor", "Self Pity" & "Better Results"

When I grow up I wanna be a Mac :)

Z