10.22.2008

Wow

Wow - time flies when you're not paying attention. Sheesh. I had no idea it had been so long since my last post. My apologies to my friends who actually take time out of their schedule to check out my site.

I have to say I am pretty excited about things right now. I am a week away from our first major vacation in four years and we're remodeling (yes, another remodeling project) our basement. An electrician came and spent a couple of full Saturdays and a Sunday to help us wire up several new lights, switches and outlets. Blessings of hiring a pro! He also cleaned up our breaker panel, by tracking down wires that went...nowhere and deleting them. For the first time in the 20 years we have lived in this house, everything electrical works correctly. All the 3-way switches, all the outlets, and he even figured out a way to make everything in the basement a true, grounded system. Something that wasn't done when the house was originally wired in 1948. SWEET!

In case you're wondering...we passed our NAUI Scuba Diver certification so we will be spending my 50th birthday on, and under, the water...off the island of Kauai. I am so pumped! I can hardly stand the wait. We've scheduled a boat dive for two different days on our trip. I am hoping to rent an underwater camera to take some pictures. If I do, I'll post some here...I promise.

Anyway...we've got a lot going on right now and I am very pleased that God has seen fit to bless us with good health to enjoy the ride. Love to all of you and thanks for your patience!

Aloha!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I'm so very excited for you both. Congratulations. Have a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures. Now don't make us wait months. :)

Dianna said...

I love celebrating this life with you, baby. To all the adventures ahead....cheers!
Di

Jen(n) said...

How exciting... hope I get to enjoy my 50th birthday in the same fashion!!!