5.20.2007

Time Flies...

Wow, I hadn't realized how long it had been since I've posted a blog entry! Time really does seem to fly, even when you're just busy and not necessarily having fun. ;-) And we have been very busy. As my lovely bride mentions in her last post, we have helped with a wedding and reception (where my friend Sam and I grilled over 60 steaks), become all too familiar with our local hospital (visiting my Mom on her trips there), and the BEAST.

No, I'm not referring to the Anti-Christ...just the bathroom remodel at my parents' house. Have you ever volunteered for something because it was the right thing to do and seemed like it be relatively easy? Then you get into the project and you realize how big it really is? After all these years of working on my own house, you would think that I would have a clue, but once again my optimism about how a project will go got the better of my memory and experience. After weeks of demo, prep and more prep, and finding (and waiting weeks for) new fixtures, and learning more about plumbing code than I ever wanted to know, we actually put some tile on the wall yesterday. YES!

Okay, it was just the back splash/accent row around the counter and sink, but it was TILE and it was a beautiful pattern designed by my wife. She's got the art/design/math skills to pull something like that off. While I love the design, and was thinking of something similar, I am particularly bad at the math and measuring. Not Di. She designed, measured and cut the tiles, while I prepped the walls with backer board. She did an awesome job. We installed the back splash last night and everything fit perfectly. It's really beautiful and I am so proud of her.

When it's all done, I'll post pictures. My goal is to finish before next weekend, so I am taking a minimum of two days off this week, probably four. :) Because when you are closing in the finish line, time just flies!

5 comments:

Dianna said...

Ahhhhh, I just love when you go on. Ok, I'll cut more tile.....

Emancipation of the Freed said...

What a team! I can hardly wait to see the pictures.

Z

Jourdan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jourdan said...

haha, this comment doesn't necessarily have to do with your post in any way...BUT, I was reading my mom's comments on her computer "tragedy" post, and I honestly cracked up when I read what you wrote!! Well, it was more the link that pushed me over the edge...Jess and I love those PC vs. Mac commercials.

hmm so, I guess this is just a thank-you for being Don!

Anyways, bless you with your hard work!!

(that IS how you spell your name, right??) :)
-Jourdan

Nadine said...

I've missed your postings...I bet it comes out beautifully...I've seen your handiwork before.