4.04.2007

I'm Just Sayin'

We recently had another conference (man we are blessed with conferences this year) and I am now catching myself using a favorite catch-phrase of our speaker, "I'm just sayin'!" Hah! I smile every time I even think about it. Why? Because he used it (very effectively, I might add) to help soften some pretty bold and strong statements.

I find that I'm using it more often for humor with my wife lately, but I've tucked it very neatly into my toolkit for those situations that may require an ever-so-mild disclaimer. :) Not that I need disclaimers mind you...well, okay...maybe I need them sometimes. Uh, okay several times. Oh, fine! Most of the time. Whatever! I'm just sayin' it's handy to have little things like that tucked away to help defuse tense situations. That's all I'm sayin'.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

You're too funny. I will just laugh when I hear you say that.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we will catch ourselves saying that at outreaches in the future!! Can't you just see giving someone a strong word and then adding "I'm just saying" on to the end.

Jenn Trout

a woman who is said...

Dianna and I need to get together on this one. Dan has already used it on me twice!!!! He thinks he is so cute. You two...

I did the same with the coffe bean man, tried the looking fuzzy thing first too.